The Evolution of Fragrance Trends: A Sense of What is to Come!
Time: 9:30 am - 10:00 am
Date: 14 November
Fragrance is full of emotion & power. It can stand for a movement, a tradition or even a sub culture. It can offer flashbacks to a happy childhood, the resurrection of a loved one or the transportation to a life we can only imagine.
Scent is such a powerful tool – but how has history influenced our fragrance tastes and trends over the past 70 years?
This session will provide an insight into how the twentieth century has influenced the way we use fragrance today and what we can expect in the future.
- How we moved from fragrance being part of the elite lifestyle to mass production & celebrity endorsement.
- How our scents tastes have changed and how fragrances that once seemed daunting and risqué are now seen as dated and frumpy.
- How we moved from a small palette of materials to hundreds of new molecules, unlocking an era of scent innovation.
- How perfume is talked about and how it has changed over the years.
- What we should expect in the future of fragrance trends
The rise of the social influencer and how this impacts the future of fragrance