UK and EU Cosmetics Legislation – An Update on the Critical Hot Topics
Time: 9:30 am - 10:00 am
Date: 12 November
By the time SCS Formulate takes place the UK could have exited the EU. This may have been with a withdrawal agreement in place or with no deal having been secured. We may be in the throes of preparing for a General Election. Whatever the political situation, what will it mean for the UK cosmetics industry? The UK and EU regulatory frameworks, for both cosmetic products and their ingredients, will be presented and explained.
The other crucial topic of discussion to impact the cosmetics industry is the European Chemicals Agency’s proposal on microplastics under the EU REACH Regulation. The latest proposals and indications from the public consultations will be provided.
The subject of endocrine disruption is an emotive one, and the focus of NGOs and regulators. The possible impact on the cosmetics industry will be shared.
- The UK and EU political and regulatory landscape pre- and post-Brexit
- The repercussions of the proposed UK REACH legislation
- The latest proposals and timings for ‘microplastics’ from ECHA
- Implications of the ECHA action for cosmetic products
- The EU Commission’s policy on Endocrine Disruptors and possible consequences for cosmetic products
- Emma Meredith Director-General - CTPA