Stephenson Personal Care has launched a patent-pending cold-process range of DUROSOFT® emulsifiers and will be showcasing this new range at SCS Formulate
Their growing portfolio of personal care ingredients currently includes a range of sustainable emulsifiers – DUROSOFT® – which use naturally derived polyglycerol esters to produce ingredients for creams, lotions and foaming oil-based formulations offering specific value to producers of cold process products for sustainable raw material claims.
What makes DUROSOFT® unique is the patent-pending technology which provides a wide HLB range of 4-14 for a greater stability profile.
The DUROSOFT® range of natural and sustainable emulsifiers currently includes:
- DUROSOFT® PK-SG – an O/W natural polyglyceryl-4 ester emulsifier, derived from RSPO Certified Sustainable Segregated Palm Kernel Oil. Application areas include: water-thin lotions, creams, deodorant roll-ons and wet wipes.
- DUROSOFT® SF – a W/O natural polyglyceryl-4 ester emulsifier, derived from Sunflower Oil. Ideal for creating self-emulsifying oils such as foaming bath and shower oils, hair/beard oils, cleansing oils.
Advantages of formulating with DUROSOFT® include:
- 100% RSPO Certified Segregated Sustainable Palm Kernel Oil
- Cold process
- PEG free
- Easy to use
- Skin friendly (Dermatologically tested)
- HLB range of 4-14 for a greater stability profile
- Compatible with both oil and water phases
- No co-emulsifiers required
- No heating or cooling
- No deleterious effect on temperature sensitive ingredients
- Stable water-thin emulsions easily achieved
In comparison with traditional hot-process manufacture, DUROSOFT® can be cold processed, which creates a number of benefits for the personal care and cosmetics formulator – from achieving tighter energy standards through to reduced energy consumption – as they seek to meet key product performance criteria and improve the sustainability of their business.
For more information about the DUROSOFT® range, please contact Lucy Simmonds, Technical Business Development Manager, Stephenson Personal Care: email@example.com or call 00441132 050927.
– ENDS –
Notes to Editor:
Stephenson Group Ltd, began in 1856 and has evolved and grown over the last 160 years, building a reputation as a world leader in the development and supply of specialty chemicals products. Originally manufacturing soap-based agents for the processing of wool, along with furniture wax and polish products; today, the company has established itself as a leading speciality soap base manufacturer. Twice winner of the Queen’s Award for Export, Stephenson Group operates from its research and manufacturing facility in, Leeds, UK, and distributes its products worldwide through a network of strategically-positioned and carefully-selected local distributors. The company’s expertise embraces world-class products for a range of industries. For more information please visit www.stephensonpersonalcare.com